- 2 # Farm Raised Catfish Filets (2/3 oz preferred)
- 2 Lg Eggs
- 1 qt Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 ½ # Cracker Meal
- Seasoning Blend (Recipe to follow)
- 2 cup Peanut Oil
- ¼ # Butter (Unsalted)
- 1Lg Shallot (Approx 1/3 cup – Minced
- ¼ cup Green Bell Pepper (Small Dice)
- ¼ cup Red Bell Pepper (Small Dice)
- 1 Tbsp Parsley (Chopped Fine)
- 1 Cup Portabella Mushrooms (Medium Dice)
- 8 oz Fresh Gulf Shrimp 150/Up Ct
- 4 oz Lump (Backfin) Crab Meat
- ¼ cup Mc. Season-All
- 1 tsp Mc. Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Mc. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Mc. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Mc. Thyme
In 2 shallow dishes divide the cracker meal evenly between the dishes. Add 1/8 Cup of Seasoning Blend (Retaining the remainder for the sauce) to both dishes of Cracker meal and mix to incorporate the seasoning with the cracker meal. Combine eggs, 2 cups of heavy cream and hot sauce – Whip to combine the milk wash.
Pre-heat oil in heavy bottom pan or cast iron pan to 350 degrees F
Dredge fish in cracker meal then into milk-egg wash and then Coat with cracker meal.
Once coated transfer to pan and Cook approx. 3-4 minutes per side; cook until coating is golden brown and firm. Remove fish; drain on paper towels for approx. 2 minutes prior to serving.
Pre-heat Large Skillet over Medium High heat.
Add Butter, Cooking for approx 4 minutes till it turns brown in color. Reduce fire to medium heat and add shallots, peppers, mushrooms, 2 tsp parsley and seasoning. Continue cooking until peppers and mushrooms begin to soften. Add shrimp, crab meat, garlic and heavy cream bring back to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Plate up catfish and top with sauce, garnish with parsley and serve.