The Cajun Fried Turkey
- 3 gallons peanut oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 1/4 cup Creole seasoning
- 1 white onion
- In a large stockpot or turkey fryer, heat oil to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Be sure to leave room for the turkey, or the oil will spill over. Layer a large platter with food-safe paper bags.
- Rinse turkey, and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels. Rub Creole seasoning over turkey inside and out. Make sure the hole at the neck is open at least 2 inches so the oil can flow freely through the bird.
- Place...[Click here to continue]